- How Entrepreneurial Parents Can Help Develop Empowering Identities and Positive Values in Your Kids -
There’s no doubt what we believe about ourselves has a way of becoming our TRUTH even if it’s not based in objective reality.
And most of our self-identities about what we are good at, who we are or what we can do is shaped at an early age.
Fact is, we have ...
MonkMaverick Who Sold his FerrariAston Martin or What I Learned from Driving a 10-year old “Clunker” -
A hat tip to Robin Sharma for inspiring the title of this post with his book “The Monk who Sold his Ferrari”.
I read that book ages ago. My story is different than the high-powered attorney character in Robin’s book. For him it took a heart attack to change – mine ...
- Why Shark Tank’s ‘Mr. Wonderful’ is woefully wrong -
Kevin O’ Leary AKA “Mr. Wonderful” has his shtick.
He’s got great sound bites and plays a somewhat ‘mean’ character on TV. But this time he is flat out wrong…
Kevin was presenting at Inc. magazine’s Iconic event in DC last week, and I’m always interested in hearing from ...
- Building a Capital Community of Fans and Family Ties -
My 9-year old son, Zack and I had a bit of a ‘boys night out’ with just us two dudes last night.
We went to a Caps game against Buffalo and on the drive there he was asking about some of the classic games I’d seen.
I’ve been a fan for the ...
- Experiment: How to see more ‘magic’ with your kids -
This past summer, we took a road trip with the kids to check out a camp our 9-year old, Zack, was deciding on. I really like windshield time because I make it a point to turn off the radio for some of the journey. I also like this ...
- Legendary Legacy with Jordan Guernsey – The Light Inside: Truth in Business, Life and Love -
My friend Jordan Guernsey passed away on December 8th. He was 30 years old. Yes, way too young. As Jordan was in very late stages of melanoma, he agreed to this private interview in his home as a way to further his legacy and share some of his ...
- How Entrepreneurship Can Be The Ultimate Expression of Love -
Everybody has heard the advice do what you love and the money will follow, right?
Unfortunately it’s not quite true. In fact, I’ve got a $400,000.00 lesson that I’ll share with you later on. However, running your enterprise from the fullest expression of love can and WILL create the meaningful ...
- Evolved Enterprise -
At the Underground® I was super excited to share 2 brand new presentations. The first on Community Code 2.0: Creating Tribes of Beloved Brand Builders and my closing keynote on Evolved Enterprise™. It was truly an honor to receive a standing ovation for the material. I’m really excited to explore ...
Year’sWorld Resolutions -
I don’t know if you make New Year’s resolutions or not but I’ve never really done it. I believe you don’t need to wait for a calendar to turn over in order to change your actions. You can do it daily. (Check out the “Return Path ...
- 66 Must-read books for Impactful Entrepreneurs -
The other day, Maverick1000 members were asking about book recommendations on our private forum. I typically read 1-2 books per week (minimum) so this forced me to sort out some top recommendations by category.
I’ve always believed your life is changed by the books you read, experiences you create ...
- The Return Path to Joy, Happiness and Bliss -
The last few years I’ve struggled quite a bit with keeping myself and my businesses moving forward because of the new direction I’ve taken. The same playbook I was using before just didn’t seem like it fit me anymore.
And that’s probably good because in many ways I’ve grown as ...
- The NEW Way to Better Goal Setting and is 40 is the New 20? -
Lordy…Lordy guess who’s 40?
Missy has been waiting for this day for awhile since she’s 2 ½ years older. She thought it would never come but I’m officially in my fourth decade. Several of my friends have asked me how 40 is, and I’m pleased to say I’m truly ...
- 22 Excuses For Playing Too Small and Not Living Your Destiny -
This weekend I watched the movie “Finding Joe” about a concept Joseph Campbell researched he describes as the Hero’s Journey. It’s a saga seen across nearly every kind of myth in just about every culture – and still being played out today in Hollywood blockbusters. (Think ...
- Freeing your Inner Child to Unleash More Joy, Happiness and Creativity -
What is it about “adults” that some of them (notice I didn’t say “us”) get so tied up in being “grown up”?
Each year I co-host an Impact trip to Haiti with Maverick member, Doug Doebler and one of my mentors, mega real estate entrepreneur and philanthropist, Frank ...
- “Is your ‘Mission’ more important than your family?” -
That’s the question one of our Maverick1000 members wives, “D,” asked me… Let me set the scene for you. We were in the Swedish Arctic, basically in the middle of nowhere. It was midnight, everyone had just driven their own team of dogs out to the Wilderness Lodge and a ...
- The Lost Art of the Handwritten Note -
Let’s face it, in today’s digitally wired society there seems to be a slippery slope of what passes for meaningful communication. Look, I’m as guilty as anyone. Actually, I used text to give condolences on a friend’s loss of her father recently. I can do better.
Going beyond a ...
- Lessons from the 4th of July Maverick Family Freedom Celebration -
- Taking aim at skydiving chickens (a bit belated) -
- How to Make Yourself Superhuman & Super Productive -
- The Power of Smart Questions -
- “Gamestorming” (Changing the way business is played) -
- Cheeky Ambush Marketing…High-Fiving Great Whites and a Bit of ‘Footie’… -
- New eBook: “Creating Your Ultimate BIG Life List” -
- The Tough Part of Transparency -
- Yanik’s Winter Olympics Adventure… -
- How to Increase Your Happiness with Journal Writing -
- A Tale of Two Vegas shows… -
- Top Business & Life Lessons Learned Part 5: Give More… -
- Top Business & Life Lessons Learned Part 4: How To Create More Fun in Your Business & Life -
- Top Business & Life Lessons Learned Part 3: Authentic Connections, Mastermind groups & Mentors -
- Top Business & Life Lessons Learned Part 2: Creating the ‘BIG’ idea & Selling at premium prices -
- Top Business & Life Lessons Learned from the Last Decade -
- 80’s Hair, Hanging with Billionaires and Saving Pumpkins -
- Need a business idea? Steal this one… -
- How to get more done, have more fun and make an impact each and every week -
- Iceland Adventure…Maverick Style -
- 7 Keys to Personal Freedom as a Maverick Entrepreneur -
- 4 Ways Entrepreneurs Can Avoid (or Recover from) Burnout! -
- Lessons and adventures from Necker Island with Sir Richard Branson -
- The amazing power of deadline, group pressure, embarrassing punishment (and a little power boating) -
- How to Become a Possibility-Based “Future” Person -
- Do your ‘wants’ create your ultimate success? -
- Maverick Philosophy with Frank McKinney -
- Why crappy things happening might be good news (and where to see Yanik this week) -
- The Non-stop 35th Birthday Party (and an important marketing lesson on ‘Conversation’) -
- Viva Baltimore….The King Krawl Hits Charm City (And a story of stellar service) -
- The ‘Art’ of the Sale (And Other Highlights from Maverick Aspen) -
- 8 Ways to Turbocharge Your Writing -
- Dirty, rotten, shameless SOBs… -
- 28,500 ft – HALO Skydive Adventure… -